Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Splendour In The Grass

I can't believe it - no one will understand my excitement - but Riki sat with me today whilst I waited to get some tickets for one of the biggest music festivals in Australia. And we did it :-) 25, 000 tickets sold out in under an hour and we got some!! Can't wait till the end of July for the 3 day festival - and Riki's coming too!!


Let's do this thing!!
I took one of my days off as this festival is notorious for selling out really quick. A couple of times I thought my computer had frozen it was taking so long but then finally got the purchase ticket screen - woot!

Here are some links to help show why I am so excited :-)



I'm really looking forward to seeing these Australian acts
Architecture In Helsinki
Matt Corby
Sarah Blasko
Boy & Bear
Bernard Fanning
Birds Of Tokyo
Something For Kate
Chet Faker
Whitley
The Rubens
Gurrumul

And these overseas acts
Mumford and Sons
Haim
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Cold War Kids
MS MR
Vance Joy
Jagwa Mar
Of Monsters and Men
Laura Marling
Everything Everything

Then after all that excitement Riki and I shelled some prawns for dinner (Prawn Green Curry). I am starting to think that we eat more international inspired meals than anything specifically Australian. I will need to do some research on Aussie meals to make for Riki!! They were Clarence River school prawns though :-)





Phew - now I have 2 months and 27 days to go :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment